Jeu de Boules
|by Sam, Eric, Ben||Germantown Academy 6th grade||1996|
State the name of your game and why you chose it.
The game our group chose is Jeu de Boules. We chose this game because it helps with your coordination and you an play it anywhere.
List the countries where it is played and its origin.
This game came from France and is played in France.
Describe how your game is played. State the object of the game. Clearly describe the rules.
- 2 players or teams up to 4 players an play at one time.
- The object is to throw boules (balls) as close as you can to the cochenret (jack).
- The player gets 3 tries to get as lose to the jack as possible.
- When you throw the balls your feet must stay behind the marked line.
List the equipment needed.
The field must be 27 to 30 yards long, and 3 yards wide.
- Tape for marking the throw line.
- Balls for throwing.
- A jack or target.
Make recommendations for what type of athlete would enjoy playing this game. What skills does it demand?
Ben: To play this game you must have a high level of concentration and skill. I fell that softball players would like this game because you have to line up the balls and throw it underhand and not that hard. Baseball players would like it also.
Multicultural Games Unit | Games Index | Middle School | GAnet
P.O. Box 278
Ft. Washington, PA 19034
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com