|by James, Paul||Germantown Academy 6th grade||1997|
State the name of your game and why you chose it.
We chose netball for our game because it is like basketball and we thought that it would be a fun game that everybody could play.
List the countries where it is played and its origin.
It originated in the UK. but has spread to other countries like Australian and Wales.
Describe how your game is played. State the object of the game. Clearly describe the rules.
- The idea of the game is very similar to basketball but it is played very differently.
- It is played with 7 people per team.
- The position that you play determines where you are allowed to go and whether or not you are allowed to shoot.
- There is no back board (but in our version there will have to be). The center is allowed in all areas except goal circles.
- Wing defense and wing attack are allowed in the enter circle. Goal attack GD are played like stryker and sweeper are allowed goal circles.
- Goal shooters are the only players allowed to score. The goal keeper is the goalie.
- You cannot hold the ball for more that 3 seconds.
List the equipment needed.
- Netball is played on a court similar to a basketball court.
Make recommendations for what type of athlete would enjoy playing this game. What skills does it demand?
- James: I recommend this game to any one who likes basketball or handball because it is a combination of both. You could play the game in a field or gym.
What are your feelings about this game? Did you enjoy playing it? Would you recommend it?
- We feel that this is a great game and cant wait to play it.
Multicultural Games Unit | Games Index | Middle School | GAnet
P.O. Box 278
Ft. Washington, PA 19034
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org